What to do with DRY ICE Tools
- Proper use of your DRY ICE tools is essential to ensure you do not get injured.
- DRY ICE tools are meant to 'loop' over climbing holds that provide sufficient purchase to prevent the strap of the tool from slipping off.
- You do not need to swing you DRY ICE tools like real ice climbing tools. Simply loop the strap over a hold and pull. The climbing motion is exactly the same as Mixed and Ice climbing.
- Use of your DRY ICE tool on small, sloping, or on holds that do not provide sufficient purchase is not recommended and may lead to injury if the strap were to suddenly slip off the hold.
What NOT to do
- DO NOT use your DRY ICE tools for any other purpose than as described in the What to do with DRY ICE Tools section of this website.
- DO NOT use your DRY ICE tools outdoors.
- DO NOT flip the tools over to use the pommel as a hook. Doing so will damage the wood.
- DO NOT use your DRY ICE tools as passive protection on a climb. They are NOT designed to be used as protection.
- DO NOT severely twist the rubber loop while climbing. Doing so will weaken the strap under extreme load.
- DO NOT submerge DRY ICE Tools in water or any liquid for prolonged periods of time. Doing so will weaken the plywood.
We extensively tested our materials to make sure they could sustain the rigors of repeated pulling, twisting, dropping, and all around gym abusery. DRY ICE Tools will fail at 518lbs of pull. We've made public the results of our testing so that you, the end user, have ALL the information and can feel confident that your tools are tested and tough.
CLIMBING IS DANGEROUS!
Technical indoor climbing is inherently dangerous. Our products are for indoor climbing ONLY. Any person using our gear in any manner is personally responsible for learning the proper techniques and good judgment. We strongly recommend that every climber seek instruction by a qualified professional. You are responsible for knowing and respecting our products capabilities and limitations. Always know the maintenance and use history of your equipment and destroy retired gear to prevent future use. The use of secondhand equipment is strongly discouraged. You are responsible for your own actions and decisions. Failure to follow these warnings can result in severe injury or death.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Each product offered on this website catalog must be used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and only for the specified purpose for which it was designed. Furnace Industries LLC shall not be liable for any consequential damages, injury, paralysis or death arising from any use or misuse of the products purchased from us. By making a purchase from Furnace Industries LLC, you (the customer) and your heirs assume all responsibility of ownership, risks of use and agree to defend and hold harmless Furnace Industries LLC, its owners, and heirs for any incident or action involving products purchased.